Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Top 5 Memorable Christmas Gifts of All Time!!

Over the past month or so I've been making a list of the top 5 gifts I have been given over the years and why!! It was hard to narrow it down to just 5 items, but I did it!! These gifts range from A LONG time ago to more RECENT!! Let's take a trip down memory lane....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

In the 5th Spot .... CELL PHONE (2003)


The Christmas after I turned 16 my parents surprised me by getting me a phone. They had told me they weren't buying me one...blah blah blah...but they went against their initial feelings and got this for me for Christmas!

In the 4th Spot .... KITTEN (Sugar) (1995)


I remember it being late on Christmas Eve and my mom suddenly saying "I have to go into work". I thought that was odd, but didn't think much of it. The next morning Kelly & I woke up ran downstairs to see what Santa had left us and we didn't even notice my mom & dad had got us a baby kitten!! How cool is that!! I even got to name her...Sugar! She looked similar to the picture to the left!!

In the 3rd Spot .... SAMANTHA an American Girl Doll (1993)

I wanted this doll so bad, but she was sooooo expensive ($100) that my parents refused to buy it for me! I'd read all of the books and my best friend already had one - so that year I asked Santa for a Samantha doll!! Boy was I surprised when I woke up Christmas morning and Santa had brought me Samantha! Kelly even got one, Felicity, so we had fun playing together!

In the 2nd Spot .... NORTH FACE JACKET (2005)

All year I looked and looked and looked at this jacket, but never could bite the bullet and buy one. So I was ecstatic to see that my parents remembered and I got one as a Christmas gift! I have gotten more wear out of the jacket then any other coat I've ever owned! Two years later and I still wear it almost daily!! My parents feel they got their money's worth out of it!!

And Finally...In the 1st Spot .... BOP IT EXTREME(1996)


I asked for this game for 2 years before I finally got it!! I think I ruined my chances of getting it earlier when I made the mistake of telling my mom when she asked 'what does it do' that you used it to 'bop' each other on the head! So after that, everyone said they would NEVER buy it for me!

But I finally got one for Christmas, I remember it was coincidental the last gift I opened that year and boy was I soooo excited!! And to this day, that is my most memorable Christmas gift!

I didn't include any of the gifts that I got/am getting this year!! The cruise definitely belongs on this list, but I had already started it - so it will have to wait!!

Wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails