Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Craft Time: Dobbers & Stickers

The triplets love crafts, and I try to do one with them every day, sometimes are more successful the others!  If you’re new to my blog here are some of the crafts the kids and I have done over the years:

One of the triplets favorite crafts is using BINGO dobbers to paint with!  Where did I get the idea of BINGO dobbers for crafts?  On my cruise a few months ago, my cousins and I went to play BINGO almost daily.  On the last day of the cruise people were tossing their dobbers in the trash, I on the other hand had big plans for them!  I happily collected TONS of bingo dobbers from fellow patrons!  No lie, I probably packed 30 bingo dobbers home with me! 

dobbers Brandi & I showing off all the dobbers I collected after the final BINGO game!  Sorry there’s a bad glare, I blame that (haha, see my last post) on my sister Alex who was taking the photo and failed to mention the glare!

I get the dobbers out, the kids grab the ones they want and then go at it!  Sometimes they ‘dob’ other times they ‘paint’ with them, either way they have fun!  We also have a big box of stickers, I dumb the box out and they have a hay day with adding stickers to their masterpieces!

dobbers

DSC_0960The Masterpieces the triplets made today!

Dobbers are a CHEAP and fun craft activity for young kids, especially if you don’t want to deal with the messiness of real paint!  I bought several lots of stickers on Ebay, just random stickers.  Doesn’t matter what the stickers are, they just love sticking them on paper!  Oddly enough, toddlers always seem to stick their stickers on top of each other…strange! 

We’re always looking for craft ideas, what are some of your favorite kids crafts?!

21 comments:

Kristen said...

I actually bought a set of those dobbers. The manufacturers call them something else and market them to unsuspecting non-bingo playing moms who naively fork over way too much money for them.

I used to make edible play dough for my kids (peanut butter candy). If you don't have any peanut allergies to worry about, that's a fun activity.

We also liked painting with water outside. Just give the kids a bucket and some clean house paint brushes and watch them go! Add a few bubbles and they can wash all of their toys, too.

Amy said...

how fun is that. I am hosting a Round Robin event this Friday if you want to link up this great idea..

viewfromdownhere said...

dobbers...I've always wondered what those things were called. Learn something new every day!

Tiffany at Beyond Magical Bath and Body said...

I love that the triplets are right around my own little one's age... lots of fun ideas! Thanks for sharing! :)

-Tiffany
myscentsualjourney.blogspot.com
www.beyondmagical.com

Judy said...

My daughter loves to play with playdoh. Thanks for following my blog. Im now following back. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Following from FMBT!
http://www.mibargainmom.blogspot.com/

Emily - faliLV said...

Following from TTA - and I live in LV and have tons of them! What a smart mama you are!! Thank you for finding another use for my dobbers! I love Bingo btw!
Emily
www.familyandlifeinlasvegas.blogspot.com

tfwguide said...

I'm your newest follower.

Happy Tuesday!

http://thefilipinoweddingguide.com

Belly Charms said...

My boys love crafts / messes. I am a new follower from Tag Along Tuesday.

http://bellycharms.blogspot.com

Julie said...

What a great idea! I will definitely share this with my friends.

Danielle said...

Very cute kids! Very cute crafts! Checking in through Tag along tuesday! I'm your new follower.

Christy said...

Hi! Thanks for hopping on the Tuesday Train. I love your layout. Have a good week. If you need the button you can find it on my sidebar.

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

Hi! thanks for following me, I am now following you back. Looks like the kids had a great time with the dobbers. I'll have to try that with my son.

Kari @ http://shining2save.com

Kati said...

LOVE the craft idea! I am out for Bingo Daubers!!

I found your blog on Tuesday Tag-Along!!

Daisy said...

My goodness yes -- what IS that with the putting stickers on top of each other? Surely we have spent money somewhere supporting research into that one!

Krissy said...

That's such a good idea!! Where do you get the bingo markers from? I want to try this with my kids!

I'm your newest follower!! Hopefully you can visit my blog and do the same back!

http://theartsymom.tk

Anonymous said...

My Aunt is a Bingo fanatic..my kids grew up playing with Dobbers!! LOVES it!

Amber said...

Oooh! What a fun nanny you are! Thanks for the ideas---I will have to try the dobbers with my 2-year old. New follower here from TT--thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to read more from you in the future! :)
Amber
http://www.thestrobel3.blogspot.com

Amy said...

thanks for stopping by and sharing this with everyone. I am hosting next Friday if you want to join in again. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site corisbigmouth.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Cori said...

ANONYMOUS:

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Please leave me another comment with more information.

Thanks,
Cori

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails