Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Birthdays, Birthdays, today seems to be everyone’s Birthday!

Apparently August 4th is a popular day to have a baby.  Friends Cheryl & Courtney have birthdays today, my ASL teacher’s birthday is also today.  There is also a handful of famous people who share their day of birth Barack Obama, Cole & Dylan Sprouse, Louis Armstrong and the Queen Mother Elizabeth to name a few.  But (sorry) none of those are as important as two people in my family…..

My Daddy & Annika

I love my daddy!!  His birthday always was important to me, not because I love my daddy and think he’s the bestest (which I do), but it means once his birthday comes its 20 days until mine!  (Yep, I’m vain, I love myself, and my birthday!).  I assume tonight we’ll have a birthday celebration for him and celebrate his birthday with extended family in the next week?  Not 100% sure on that!

dad and girlsOur Daddy, Kelly (left), Alex (center) & Me (right)
Cruise February 2010 

On to Annika…..three years ago this little girl was brought into our lives through adoption.  Unfortunately, she didn’t stay with us very long.  After 2 failed adoption attempts, last October she finally came home at just over 2 years old!  So today is our first REAL birthday with Miss Annika Brooke!  I wish I could be up celebrating with her, but I can’t!  I’ll be up this weekend, and cannot wait to hear all about it!

annika3bdayAnnika with her purple flower cupcake-cake with pink sparkler candles and a Thumbelina doll made by her mommy!
*
Apparently Alec thinks it looks like a purple spiders web, I think it looks more like a purple turtle :)*

Happy Birthday To You!

Happy Birthday To YOU!

Happy Birthday to Dad & Annika!

Happy Birthday To You!!!


Happy Birthday to YOU too if today is your birthday!!!  If not, I hope your August 4th is a great one!! 

 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

viewfromdownhere said...

Aw, happy birthday to your dad and Annika! What a cute cute little girl! I'm so glad she got a happy ending...especially in the line of work I do, I love to see stories like that.

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

I am a follower too. I love your blog. It is so cute and your blog name is GREAT!!!

Have a great week.
Best,
Cindi

Ewa said...

It actually looks a bit like spider web, Happy Birthday to your Dad and Anika :)

Sherri said...

Wow, Happy Birthday to everyone!

brandi said...

I do see the turtle and maybe the flower but I have to agree I think it looks like a spiderweb. Sorry Julia!! Happy Birthday Annika!!

brandi said...

I do see the turtle and maybe the flower but I have to agree I think it looks like a spiderweb. Sorry Julia!! Happy Birthday Annika!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails