Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Indubitably

This weeks WOW is indubitably, every time I hear that word I think of one thing….Mary Poppins, and not the movie in its entirety, but one small itty bitty part…when Bert says “indubitably” in the middle of the famous song supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (okay oddly enough supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is in spell-check!).  Thought I’d share the song with you all, so you can see for yourself the famous indubitably for yourself!

So….did you catch when Bert said “indubitably”??!!  Did ya, did ya, did ya!!???

Here are some indubitable facts about Mary Poppins, indubitably one of my favorite Disney movies by the way!!*

  • Mary Poppins won 5 Oscars and 12 other awards.  Never before had Walt Disney won more awards at the Academy Awards then that night (as of 2006).
  • At the time of filming, it was the most expensive film made by Disney
  • Many of the nannies in line for the job interview were actually men in drag!
  • It was the top grossing movie for twenty years!
  • Mary Poppins and Mrs.. Banks never speak to each other in the movie!

header 150x150
Week 12
of Word Up, Yo! a new  word game hosted by Liz from A Belle, A Bean, & A Chicago Dog, KLZ from Taming Insanity and Natalie from Mommy of A Monster!  The word this week was indubitably, jump in, link up and play along!!

 

 

 

 

*Facts came from IMDB

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh man, you KNOW what we are all singing tonight! And tomorrow morning. Great use of the WOW....and love the factoid about the nannies in drag!

Amanda Wissmann said...

So many interesting facts! and thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. HA!

Following from Blog Frog! Nice to meet you and I look forward to catching up on your blog. It's pretty fabulous!

Anonymous said...

We posted about the same thing!!!! Except, I'm sad to say, that Mary Poppins jumps up and down on my last nerve. I used to love her, but the kids have watched the DVD a gazillion times.

You know what they say, great minds think alike.

Cluttered Brain said...

Indubitably! I heard it alright!
Supercalifragilousexpealidocious INDEED! AND I can't say it backwards!
Heck I probably can't even spell it!
Love the song though!

Alyson -- Common Sense, Dancing said...

so funny -- I had that in my head when I saw the word too, but I couldn't remember *for the life of me* where it was from. (I'm old and decrepit).

Thanks for that!

[Stopped over from WOW!]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails