Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Finals

Just the sound of that word sends shivers up my spine!
 
For once though, I’m not stressed at all.  I’ve done excellent in  my ASL 101 class and understand the concepts.  Sure, there are some vocab I don’t remember, but there’s still time to learn and memorize them.  I have a study plan and I’m sticking to it! 
 
We’ve already had this test before, in the sense of Units 1 & 2 (not units 3 & 4 that tomorrow’s tests will cover) and unlike some classes these tests are very straightforward, there was no malarky in them.  As straight forward as possible!  I LOVE THAT!  Long gone are those multiple choice exams from my science classes that were full of so many malark-ish (is that even a word?) questions, it wasn’t fair….seriously! 
 
A friend from class keeps texting me in panic that she’s scared, and doesn’t know where to start with studying.  In my opinion that’s just plain malarky.  I asked her if she’s watched the vocab DVD we were given for the chapters on the final, and she replied with NO.  That DVD is like gold for this class.  It shows one by one each sign we need to learn.  For my last two vocab tests I used that GOLD DVD into a game to play with myself to help learn the signs I can’t remember.
 
However, honestly we’ve gone over these signs tons already, been practicing them for weeks.  So it can’t be that much memorizing.  More of a refresher.  I can do that.  I am doing that. 
 
My plan for the next 24 hours….
  • Watch the Vocab DVD many times, until the signs I am struggling with become second nature
  • Go over and over and over my notecards to quiz myself on the vocab
  • Meet up with a couple classmates tomorrow at 3:30pm, to study and review together

No biggie at all!  I have my two vocab tests tomorrow over Units 3 & 4.  There’s no malarky involved in my study plan!  I’m going to ACE this test, and that’s no malarky

Bring on Thursday, and that’s no malarky!

header 150x150
Week 9
of Word Up, Yo! a new  word game hosted by Liz from A Belle, A Bean, & A Chicago Dog, KLZ from Taming Insanity and Natalie from Mommy of A Monster!  The word this week was malarky, jump in, link up and play along!!

 

7 comments:

viewfromdownhere said...

Good luck! Kick some finals butt!

Sherri said...

I TOTALLY think malarkish is a word, because I got what you were saying.....go kick some butt, and good luck!!

Kristen said...

Wishing you high grades and low nervousness!

Still Life With Coffee said...

Good luck Cori - sounds like you are totally prepared. :-)

Booyah's Momma said...

Malarkish is most definitely a word. As is the past tense form: malarked. It's probably on your vocab DVD.

liz said...

I still have dreams about college finals!

Good luck! You'll do great!

Claudia said...

Good luck to you - you'll make it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails