Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flight Plan

I’m writing this on our flight home.  We should be landing in about an hour.  I think we’re all ready to get off the plane, not to mention the other passengers!  The kids have done really well.  It helps we have 2 laptops and an I-Pod touch, plus we rented a DigEPlayer from Alaska Airlines for another set of entertainment! 

I rented the player on the trip down and started the movie The Blind Side but wasn’t able to finish it, so on the way back I rented it again and watched the second half.  This movie is EXCELLENT, I want to watch it again in its entirety,with minimal interruptions. 

We’ve played musical chairs this flight, and are pretty much just moving from seat to seat as the kids move.  Yes, I’m a nerd and kept track of our movement…it became comical watching the changes make place! 

Seating Arrangement #1

     

Aisle

Poor Soul Alec Aiden

Poor Soul

Cori Mackenzie

Aisle

Annika Julia Connor

Seating Arrangement #2

     

Aisle

Poor Soul

Alec Aiden

Poor Soul

Annika Mackenzie

Aisle

Cori Julia Connor

Seating Arrangement #3
*this was the seating arrangement when I began this blog post at 3:30pmon the airplane. After this point my laptop died and I had to finish at home!*

     

Aisle

Poor Soul

Alec Mackenzie

Poor Soul

Cori Connor

Aisle

Julia Annika Aiden

Seating Arrangement #4

     

Aisle

Poor Soul

Connor Alec

Poor Soul

Cori Annika

Aisle

Julia Mackenzie Aiden

Seating Arrangement #5

     

Aisle

Poor Soul

Connor Mackenzie
Alec

Poor Soul

Cori (none)

Aisle

Julia Annika Aiden

Seating Arrangement #6

     

Aisle

Poor Soul

Connor Alec

Poor Soul

Cori Mackenzie

Aisle

Annika Julia Aiden

Now that I’ve bored all you with our seating arrangements, how about some fun in-flight photos!  Here’s how we kept busy!

DSC_0078  MacKenzie enjoyed messing with the light button and air vents

DSC_0046DSC_0051
Ate snacks and had drinks!

DSC_0055
Connor tried to take a nap!

DSC_0056 DSC_0057
Aiden watched a DVD while Annika messed with the tray table!

DSC_0061 DSC_0063
Papa assisted MacKenzie in pushing buttons, while Annika sat quietly coloring.

DSC_0064 DSC_0059
Aiden played with Julia’s I-Touch and the girls tried to push the seats back!


DSC_0068

Connor watching a TV show on the DigEPlayer

 
DSC_0076
and I tried to just not go crazy!

Here are some shots we took right before leaving Jason & Kim’s house!  Auntie Kim was being a goofball getting the kids to laugh!!

DSC_0005DSC_0014DSC_0018

Well, now I am home….finishing the blog post I started on the airplane several hours ago.  I had a wonderful time, this was a VERY memorable trip!!  Time for some sappy notes….

Kim, Jason. Paige & Quinten,  Thank you so very much for letting me stay at your home!  Paige, thanks especially for allowing me to take over your bedroom!  Baby Quinten, thanks for allowing us to use your bedroom as a dressing room for all of our stuff!!  Plus letting me hold you endlessly!  Kim & Jason, thank you so much for the wonderful hospitality, food and fun!!  It’s been so great getting to know you guys better.  I hope that you guys are able to come up to Seattle this winter!  I know I cannot wait to see you all again!!

Hugs & Kisses, Cori (aka: sorta cousin corny Cori)

Julia, Alec, Aiden, Connor, Annika & MacKenzie, Thank you all for allowing me to come along with you guys on your first real family vacation!  It really meant a lot to me to be included!  I hope I was to much of a nuisance (haha).  Aiden & Connor, I loved sharing a room with you guys, it was fun to have a slumber party each night!  I really enjoyed chasing each other around on the plasma cars!!  Annika & MacKenzie, Thanks for the non-stop giggles!!  You two are so cute, funny and silly!!  When you two get giggling it can change my mood in an instant!  Julia & Alec, What to say to you guys??!!  Love you both so very much and again thank-you for inviting me into your home as your ‘eldest daughter’.  I love every moment I spend with you guys!!  Can’t wait for our next adventure together…Disneyland???!!!!

Love Always, Cori

Kim, Jason, Julia & Alec, I’ve got it…forget Seattle this winter we can go visit your friends in California…you know your friends Mickey & Minnie Mouse at Disneyland???!!!  Think about it!! 

Okay time to wipe up the tears and get back to reality.  Work tomorrow and Friday, then hitting the ground running with Toys & Tags tagging all over!!  Sale is in 2 weeks.  Plus school starts next Wednesday too….YIKES it’s gonna be a crazy few weeks!!

5 comments:

Adam Williams said...

Love the picture of your son using the digEplayer. Was the first trip that you had rented the players on?

Cori said...

Adam-

This was the first trip that the kids had used the DigEPlayers. I had used them before on other flights. They were great for the kids, just wished there was more kids show options.

I looked at your profile and it appears you work for DigEPlayer...do you have anything to do with the movies the airlines choose to play on them?

I have a complaint regaurding that and the flight attendants were less then thrilled to talk to me about it.

Thanks again for your comment!
Cori

Adam Williams said...

Yes, I do work for digEcor as the Marketing Director. So I love getting feedback from users.

Alaska Airlines selects each movie every month. We can make suggestions to them, but it is ultimately their decision.

Having said that, I'd be happy to pass along any comments or concerns that you have.

Out of curiosity, did you make the reservations inflight or in advance using www.digEplayer.com?

Thanks!

Cori said...

Thanks for your quick response! Okay, so my issue....Our flight was from Seattle to Dallas-Fort Worth, just under a 4 hour flight.

The flight attendants really pushed the movie The Blind Side as a great movie, highly recommended to watch. I hadn't seen it and had been wanting to watch it so was excited.

I watched the movie straight through and there wasn't enough time to finish it. I felt that they should only include movies that they can guarrentee people can watch all the way through.

I was traveling with kids, so I did occassionally pause, but the passenger next to me also watched it with no kids or distractions and she too didn't get to finish it.

The movie was well under 4 hours, so I don't know if they just passed them out to late or had us turn them into early, but still, they should only provide movies people can watch in their entirity.

Thanks for allowing me to vent, I talked to the flight attendants and they were very defensive about it, and almost rude. Made me not really want to rent through them again. (I rented on the flight).

Cori

Adam Williams said...

Thanks for the feedback. The flight length does pose a bit of a challenge with the movie selection. I know I've been frustrated by missing the last 20 minutes of a movie due to landing.

I'll pass along your feedback.

And in the future, I recommend reserving a player on digEplayer.com so you for sure have one waiting for you. Also, Alaska has a great page showing what movies are showing and the lengths: http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/Flights/digEplayer.asp

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails