Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Steve Tyrell Concert at Jazz Alley

DSCN7839Last night my family, along with longtime family friends Tom & Dianne Knapp, went to Jazz Alley in Seattle to see Legendary singer, songwriter, producer Steve Tyrell.  When I first found out about going (or when my parents informed the three of us that WE WERE GOING and if we had plans, we’d better change them asap) I was less than thrilled.  I had no idea who the guy was, nor did I want to spend a Saturday night see him in concert. 

However, I quickly learned that he is bsteve tyrellest known for his songs he sung in Father of the Bride and Father of the  Bride Part II, that my family LOVES!  Probably, our family’s all-time favorite movie.  We can just about recite the entire Part II movie (and do quite often!).

What an amazing performance, he sang some of our favorites from the Father of the Bride films including On the Sunnyside of the Street and The Simple LifeHe also sung I Say A Little Prayer for You and I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself  from another family favorite movie, My Best Friend’s Wedding!  And yes, we even did the “lobster” hands during I Say A Little Prayer for You!  (If you don’t know what I'm talking about, you are totally missing out!  But, because I feel you need to see it, I’ve included a YouTube clip of it!

DSCN7826Our group before we ordered dinner…I had rigatoni and it was sooooo good!! 

DSCN7825
Alex & I

The two photos above were the extent of the good photos we took!  We couldn’t have the camera flash on, so all the other photos are bad, and I mean B.A.D!  Sorry Dianne, I know I said I’d post the videos, but they really aren’t worth seeing, just ask my family!!!  Oh well!  We did take a few more photos outside of the theater ….

DSCN7840
My Family

DSCN7842
Our extended family including Aunt Dianne and Uncle Tom! 
Tom & Dianne were there when I was born, how cool is that!?  My dad and Tom have been friends for like 35 years!


Before and after the show we were at Tom & Dianne’s home on Queen Anne.  They have a BEAUTIFUL view of Seattle, the Space Needle and the waterfront!  Stunningly beautiful!

DSCN7822DSCN7823Alex with Baby Chance and I posting with the Space Needle behind us!

DSCN7846 
In my opinion, one of the most beautiful symbols of a city!

There was also swimming in their pool and holding Tom & Dianne’s daughter Gina’s, little man, Chance!  He’s 5-months old and so very cute!! 

 DSCN7818
Kelly & Alex in the pool!  I didn’t get in until after the show!

DSCN7819
My parents with cutie Chance

DSCN7820
And because I love babies, one more of Chance!
Ignore the fact he’s holding my dad’s middle finger!
 

Needless to say the day turned out pretty darn fun!!  I very much enjoyed myself! (Other than the fact I was eaten alive by mosquitoes, but that’s another story!). 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

liz said...

dinner out with live music = heaven!

Kelly said...

Wow, sounds like a great night!!! And I loved the clip!!!! Love that movie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails