Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tired of my foot hurting

I'm ready for my foot to be better so I can normally walk on it again. I'm much happier now that I have my walking boot, I have a lot more freedom. However with it not on I still feel very weak and vulnerable. I've been testing it and stretching it out a little bit per Dr. Metcalf's recommendations, but it still hurts. By the end of the day, I'm absolutely exhausted, my left foot hurts from being on it and my right foot is sore from doing all the extra work it's doing.

My routine is to ice it at least twice a day and to keep up on my Ibuprofen (per Dr. K's orders). I wear the boot when I'm out and about, but when at home I'm supposed to keep it unwrapped a little bit. I'm still wearing my ace bandage and my ER boot/sock they gave me to bed at night to protect my foot a little bit!! I'm still nervous to stand on it, it was scary enough to stand on it to get my pants on and off, not quite ready to be on it for long periods of time. So for now my friends are my walking boot, ace bandage, ER boot, crutches and ice!

People say sprains tend to be more painful then broken bones and I am beginning to believe it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails