Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Waitlisted....now what?

This morning I received my SPU nursing program letter and I was put on the waiting list. I am in position #7 - so that means 7 people have to choose not to enter the nursing program and I will be in. So there's no guarantee but yet still hope. In the past they have let anywhere from 1-15 waitlisted students get in, so I just have to wait and see. Hopefully I get in...in the long run that I'll be the best option for me. But trying to stay positive no matter what happens.

I tried to prepare myself for whatever outcome and am okay with it - I figured if (or when) I do get into the program there is no way I'd get to go on the cruise, but at the same time if I get in I'd be so much closer to getting my degree.

With that being said I have a lot of thinking to do...
  • Do I start applying to nursing schools that start every quarter? Even though I REALLY want to attend SPU?
  • Do I try to retake some of the classes I got C's in to pull up my GPA? To help my application next year?
  • Do I consider double majoring in something else (bio or chem) and take classes to get me there and stay at SPU?
  • Should I consider taking classes at BCC since it'll be cheaper and I'm still considered a 'current' SPU student for 2-years without attending classes at SPU?

Today is the start of the Spring Quarter and I am currently only taking Microbiology. I have until Friday to enroll in another class or two if I decide, but I need to do some research before I make that decision. So of to research I go...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails