Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Funeral Potatoes Recipe

I've had several people ask me "what funeral potatoes are", so I thought I'd post the recipe. From what I understand, Funeral Potatoes (aka Ruby's Cheese Potatoes) are a common Mormon dish for funerals (aka "funeral potatoes"). I had no idea this was the case and just thought my mom was crazy for calling them that until I attended a couple Mormon funerals and saw a common theme....funeral potatoes...lots of them...called funeral potatoes.

These are a favorite amongst my family and love it when they are made for dinner!!

Funeral Potatoes (Ruby's Cheese Potatoes)
6-medium Potatoes (could add more
1/4 cup butter
1 pint sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1-1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese
1/3 cups crushed corn flakes (yes the cereal)
2-tablespoons melted butter (cool)

Cook potatoes (night before is best) and grate on grater. Heat 1/4 cup of butter with soup until melted. Blend in sour cream, onion, and grated cheese. Mix well and warm. Combine corn flakes with melted butter. Fold gently the soup mixture with potatoes in large bowl. Put in 13x9" dish. Sprinkle with corn flakes. Bake at 350degF for 20-30mins.

Speaking of Funeral Potatoes...I'm going to go have some leftovers right now!!

Today is also Alex's birthday!! Hopefully I'll post more tonight!! If not....HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY ALEX!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails