Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 3 ~ Oy Vey, What A Day

Today started out not to bad, it was a no school day for the kids, so we all ‘slept in’.  We watched some Price is Right and then got ready for the day.  Jaime & the girls came back over to play with Tyler & Haylee.  It all started out so innocent enough….

Brett, Haylee, Tyler & Madison went to play outside since it was a beautiful day outside.  All things were going well, kids were playing happily until I hear a strange noise and screaming followed by Haylee running to the door with her finger bleeding.  Apparently she smashed it in the gate, and cut it up really bad.  Jaime and I got her finger cleaned up and realized it was pretty swollen and Haylee was in a lot of pain.  So I decided to take her into the doctor to make sure it wasn’t broken.  Luckily it wasn’t, just pretty cut-up and swollen.  They cleaned the wound and then re-bandaged it.  I’m suppose to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get infected. 

After getting home, Madison, Haylee, Emmalee and I all played in the hot tub.  Emma LOVED the water, and I kept sitting her on this seat and she’d immediately belly flop into the water!  Apparently she felt she could and would swim!!  Haylee and Maddie had fun splashing around and dumping water on each other! 

About 4:30, I got ready to go pick Brett & Tyler up from the Lamb’s house, got in the van and it wouldn’t start.  Completely dead!!  Jaime drives me to my house so I can borrow a car to at least pick up the boys.  Nobody’s home…no cars in the driveway.  No big deal, Jaime says I can use her car and she’ll swap cars on her way home.  She asks me to help her carry her things into the house.  Sure no big deal. 

Except that the front door is locked so I, go through the garage…LOCKED!  We are locked out of my house, I have like 15 minutes before I have to pick up Brett & Tyler, no car, no keys, nothing!  Luckily Grandma had a spare set and let us in.  Right as I’m walking to get in Jaime’s car, Dad shows up.  So I was able to just take his car to pick up the boys and go home.  Of course, I couldn’t find the Lamb’s house, had to circle the neighborhood a couple times, until I realize it’s the house that had a car parked in front of it blocking the house numbers.  Pick up the boys and head home.

Get home, call AAA and they say someone will be there in an hour.  Hang up call the pizza place, they say delivery in 35 minutes.  Perfect!  Like pizza place said they were here on time, except they forgot the pop.  So the lady promises to go pick up and bring it back.  Shut the door and throw the pizza down just as the doorbell rings again this time AAA to jump start the car.

The mechanic/toe-truck guy, quickly gets the car to start and runs a full-diagnostic on the van.  Bad news…battery probably won’t last.  So he tells me to leave the van running for an hour get it to get the most out of the charge.  I was certain I would forget about the van and a) leave it running all night until I ran out of gas or b) the car would be stolen…that’s just the luck I have been having today.  But luckily I remembered to turn the car off. 

It’s now 7:22pm, it’s almost bedtime, we’re watching Mall Cop the kids claim it’s the funniest movie ever.  I have to admit I wanted to see it while it was in the theater, but surprisingly it’s NOT that funny…kinda stupid – LOL – Oh well, I guess that makes it funny :-)  Oh….the kids just informed me “those guys [have guns] are bad guys and are trying to take over the mall”….gotta love little kids :-)

Here are the two layouts I did yesterday:

so pretty2So Pretty
Emmalee found this magic mirror at Kim’s house and LOVED looking at herself in the mirror!

3mon 3 Mon
Emmalee’s 3-month photos!  Madison too!

Tomorrow’s another day :-)

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails