Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Brooke’s Song

Last August when Julia & Molly went to Spokane to pick up Brooke, I was hanging out in Camano with MacKenzie.  It was a mack 11mobeautifully warm day in August and I took this picture (yes it really was this one – I got it off my phone!) to send to Julia.  It was title something like “hurry Mommy bring my sister home”.  For some reason I was never able to get the message to send, it kept erroring.  About this same time this song was playing on the radio Home by Michael Buble

I remember shivering when I heard this song, at that time we still had no idea of what was about to happen.  The words that kept running through my head was “I wanna go Home, I miss you”.  I remembered shivering and when things started to fall out of place, it bugged me even more.

After Brooke was taken away from us, every time I heard this song I had to change the channel.  I immediately would go back to that moment with MacKenzie last August, the shivering I felt when I heard the words.  I always thought the song was beautiful but I could no longer listen to it because it reminded me of all the pain. 

I hadn’t heard the song in a long time, and tonight on my way home from school I heard it.  I once again went back to that moment, with MacKenzie last August, but this time I had a smile on my face and chose to listen to it!!  This time I finally knew that Brooke is finally home.

I wanted to share this song with you all, it’s a beautiful song and I’m happy to finally be able to listen to it again with happy memories!!  Every time I hear this song I will remember Brooke, it’ll always be Brooke’s song to me.



Welcome Home Brooke, I’ve missed you!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

:) I never saw this last year, I can't believe how little MacKenzie looked back then...it is so crazy everything that we have been through in the last two years to have Annika Brooke home with us! God is good, He has a plan...we just have to trust Him...especially the time we don't understand or feel so very lost! xoxo Beautiful song....and I am so happy Annika is Home! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails