Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Song Thoughts...

On my drive up to Camano this evening I was listening to my Ipod and the Britney Spears song, Lucky, I couldn't think how much foreshadowing went on in that song of her own life....the chorus of the song goes
She's so lucky, she's a star; But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking; If there's nothing missing in my life. Then why do these tears come at night?
How true is that sentance of what happened in her life??  (Profound isn't it....?) If you haven't heard the song and want to hear it and watch the music video click HERE.  This was one of my favorite songs many years ago...and I still enjoy it today!

After contemplating that song, I started thinking what about all those songs about America. What do other countries hear when songs about America play?  For instance, the Rodney Atkins song It's American, where the chorus is...
It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, It's a ride in a Chevorolet.  It's a man on the moon and fireflies in June; kids selling lemonade.  It's cities and farms, it's open arms, one nation under God.  It's America.
What do you think they sing, in say, Australia?  Do they remove America and say Australia instead?  Do they not play the song at all?  Or do Australians sing along that they are proud to be an American?  LOL? 
If you are from out of the country, what do you hear? 
Have you ever thought about odd questions like that? 
This has occupied my mind many times while listening to the radio and my Ipod!  Oh, if you haven't heard the Rodney Atkins song, It's America check out the song and music video HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails