Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Him’s & Her’s and He’s & She’s

When do toddlers/preschoolers begin to use properly him's & her's and he's & she's?  It's really funny to listen to a toddler talk because they cannot differentiate between the two.

Talking to Gabbi today....

Me: “Who threw the pillows on the floor?”

Gabbi:Nate, she threw the pillows on the floor”

Me: “She?  Gabbi, is Nate a he or a she”

Gabbi:a he

Me: “Okay, so who threw the pillows on the floor?”

Gabbi:Nate, she threw the pillows on the floor!”

Did she not just tell me Nate was a he!  Later in the day I was talking to Jack came to me crying that he was hit….

Me: “Jack, who hit you?”

Jack:HIM! [pointing at Gabbi'], Gabbi hit me!”

Me: “I’m sorry, let’s go talk to her?” 

*confronting the perpetrator*

Me: “Gabbi, why did you hit Jack?” 

Gabbi:She took my bucket”

They all know they are a boy or girl…but using the correct form in sentences seams to trip them up.  I know it’s a common toddler thing…but it makes me giggle every time!  But seriously, when do they learn!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails