Cori's Big Mouth has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://corisbigmouth.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cori's "VOODOO" Doctors

Thought I would blog tonight about my 'voodoo' doctors - the chiropractor and my counselor!

NEUROFEEDEBACK: Starting of with my counselor...for more then 4 years I have been going to a specific counselor who does "Neurofeedback".

Neurofeedback is direct training of brain function, by
which the brain learns to function more efficiently. We observe the brain in
action from moment to moment. We show that information back to the person. And we reward the brain for changing its own activity to more appropriate patterns. (http://www.eeginfo.com/what-is-neurofeedback.htm)


So I go to the counselor and she puts 4 electronic EEG leads onto my scalp and then I 'play' a game! This sounds extremely fishy - but I have to say it totally works for me! I have suffered for years from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and anxiety. This has been the first thing that has actually helped me almost forget I have problems!

When I first started going several years ago I had to go twice a week for several months to 'retrain' my brain. I now just go back about once a year for a 'tune-up' and them am once again good to go!! I cannot express how thankful I am to have found this treatment! It has helped me tremendously in many ways!!

CHIROPRACTOR: For several years now Charity has been bugging me to go to the chiropractor for my headaches. (I used to have headaches daily and 24/7 - they normally weren't to bad and I just learned to just live with them. I also get/used to get migraines). Kennedy went to see Dr. Metcalf with her headaches and they almost completely vanished. I however, being the stubborn person I am still refused to go. Anyway long story short ... I finally gave in and gave the chiropractor a call - that was 3 months ago. I have been going 2 days a week since then and my headaches have diminished I'd say almost 85%!

Today I had my first 'follow-up' appointment. The doctor was amazed at how much more mobility I had since my initial appointment. I got x-rays taken as well to see how my spine looks now. On Tuesday, I have another appointment where my mom & I will sit down with Dr. Metcalf and go over my initial and follow-up results side-by-side. I can hardly wait to see all the results!

Anyway...that's my crazy 'voodoo' doctors that I frequent - yes I know I'm crazy! LOL!
Comments:
Erin: As long as it makes you happy and healthy :)
Originally Posted on Myspace Blog

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails